Experienced Tax Manager: Award Winning CPA Firm
MNMW is looking for a passionate Tax Manager to join our team. We are looking for someone who can thrive on deadlines, apply tax experience to a wide variety of transactions and make significant contributions towards the team success. This role will involve tax compliance as well as tax research, analysis, and documentation. You will utilize a variety of skills to solve problems relating to income tax preparation and tax planning. You will be a continuous learner with a growth mindset. You thrive in a demanding environment where decisions need to be made quickly and accurately. You can translate your technical skills and understanding of the context around you into clear and pragmatic solutions for the team.
Accounting with Heart
We are accountants. We are experts in tax, litigation, business strategy, and specialized consulting. But more than that, we are people, we are a team, and we collaborate with our clients to provide world-class, premium financial services that are tailored to our clients’ needs.
The Gold Standard Among Florida CPA Firms
Our firm has been named one of the “Best Companies to Work for in Florida” by Florida Trend for 12 years in a row, and we were honored to be named one of Accounting Today’s 2021 Best Accounting Firms to work for!
It is the people that make the difference in any working relationship. We have assembled a team of professionals with the right mix of industry background, technical expertise, and people skills. We are known for our “team spirit” and for surpassing our clients’ expectations.
Our culture is based on a simple PROMISE.
Serve as a Mentor
Lead with Integrity
Provide Outstanding Service
Strive For Excellence
This is not just another accounting role!
- This role allows for applying tax and accounting skills with a variety of clients, thereby becoming their trusted advisor.
- The diverse nature of the work keeps your tax and accounting skills sharp with no room for tedium.
- There’s room for professional growth for those who want it and for those who do not, that is OK too! We have customized career path programs.
- At our firm you will find team members and a tone from executive leadership that focuses on support and collaboration.
This role will offer you the opportunity to provide outstanding service to our clients and within the firm in the following areas:
- Prepare and/or review personal, business, estate and trust tax returns.
- Resolve technical questions.
- Make recommendations for refinement of engagement procedures
- Be alert to client needs through all phases of the engagement
- Keeping informed on financial and other business developments in the clients’ organizations and industries
- Hone your skill in supervising and prioritizing simultaneous engagements and delegating duties
- Communicating effectively with clients on a one–on-one basis Identifying tax problems and developing solutions
- Monitoring developments in tax legislation and keeping team members informed of changes
- Reviewing tax returns
- Supervising members of the tax team to ensure that tax returns are completed correctly.
- Building relationships and interacting with clients to provided excellent planning, consulting, and expertise.
- Improve processes by developing or implementing best practices
- Mentoring & training team members
We Value Your Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- At least 7+ years’ work experience in a public accounting firm
- Solid grasp of personal and business tax returns, within a Public Accounting firm
- Member in good standing with appropriate professional organizations
- Highly competent in MS Office and other service area-specific software.
- QuickBooks experience a plus.
- ProSystem’s tax software experience a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills
- Willingness to adapt to changing situations and needs in a positive manner
- Unwavering attention to details, deadlines, and confidentiality
- Impeccable professionalism
- Innate ability to build rapport with all levels within an organization and with a wide variety of clients
- Willing and able to travel to client sites around SW Florida
Please submit a resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
If we are interested in learning more about your background, we will contact you. Otherwise, you are welcome to visit our web site regularly to learn about new opportunities and submit a resume again.
Job requirements listed in MNMW’s in job postings are not intended to be all inclusive nor do they represent any guarantee of employment. MNMW is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. If you need an accommodation due to a disability to submit a resume via email to apply for a position at MNMW, call us at 239-433-5554.